- Collections & Research
- Get Involved
There are many ways that you can get involved at the Basque Museum and Cultural Center. From becoming a member, to donating time, money and pieces of Basque history, there is always a way to contribute. We also have a variety of internships and volunteer opportunities available. We appreciate your generosity!
The Basque Museum & Cultural Center is the only museum in the United States dedicated to the Basques and Basque heritage.
And while we have served thousands of people who have toured the museum or participated in events here, supported family researchers and historians who have found gems within our archives, and continually expanded our research to include oral histories, photos, official records, and videos, we want to make our work accessible to the world.
That’s why for this year’s annual appeal, we’re asking for help with a project that has the power to transform the role the Basque Museum & Cultural Center plays in Basque and Basque-American heritage and research around the world — and bring our past into our future.
Because the truth is, our heritage isn’t just in the Basque Country towns our parents and grandparents left behind. It’s right here in the futures they built and the lives we live today. And that’s why we need the online tools to make our heritage accessible — anywhere, any time, to anyone.
We’re asking for your financial assistance as we build a new website that has the potential to help the overall health and relevance of the Basque Museum & Cultural Center in so many ways:
• Records of the people who matter to you. By digitizing our new community history project — a deep dive into the Basque history of Western towns through the voices and faces of the people who created our unique Basque-American culture — you’ll be able to trace the historical record of your family and other Basques in your town. Type in your amuma’s name, for example, and you’ll be able to find her story through census records, birth and death certificates, oral histories, photos, and more — all in one place, and all free.
• Unprecedented research capacity. As the only museum in the United States dedicated to the Basques, we have a responsibility and obligation to make all our records accessible to historians, researchers, and people — just like you — who want to learn more about this amazing culture and its heritage in both the old country and the new.
• Amazing educational opportunities. Teachers and parents will have access to a new Kid’s Corner and be able to download lesson plans and educational materials to introduce children to this rich cultural heritage.
• Increased engagement. You’ll be able to book a tour of the museum or get tickets to events with just a few clicks of the mouse, and you’ll be able to navigate the new website quickly and intuitively — no more searching around.
• Streamlined store experience. A new online platform will make it much easier for you to search for (and find!) the unique items you can purchase only at the Basque Museum & Cultural Center. It will also boost essential revenues from the gift shop.
This season, you can help us bring our past to into the future through a one-time donation that will streamline our operations and expand our possibilities. Your donation is completely tax-deductible, and very much appreciated in moving the Basque Museum & Cultural Center forward. Aurrera!