- Collections & Research
- Get Involved
In June of 2005, the Department of Education conducted an education mission to the Basque Country. The purpose of the mission was to acquaint the delegation of Idaho teachers with the culture and history of the Basque Country and to reinforce the linkages that continue to connect families and communities in the Basque Country to the State of Idaho. The theme of the mission was “Preserving Culture and Building Community: The Basque Experience.”
Among the final products of this mission are several lesson plans from the areas of language arts and social studies featuring Basque-themed elements and topics.
English I: The Basque Land: A Case Study on the Family
English I: The Basque Land: A Case Study on the Family (PowerPoint)
- Expand knowledge of the human condition and experience.
- Understand the concept of theme, and identify themes within cultures, and literary works.
- Identify primary differences between fiction and non-fiction.
- Write for purpose and audience
- Write in order to generate, record, and reflect upon ideas.
Apply the six traits of effective writing: ideas, voice, organization, word choice, sentence fluency, and conventions.